Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Funny Kid

Trick or Treat?

I got the usual handful of kids who live in my beach neighborhood stop by last night.

Most unusual costume?

By far, the 12-year-old boy who dressed up as a kissing booth. A red one, no less.

I asked him if he made the costume himself.

He said no, he bought it.

I wish I'd have thought to ask him where. I mean, who's selling this kind of stuff to kids?

I asked him if he'd had any luck with the outfit, kissing wise.

He said so far, nothing.

I told him to hang in there and keep trying.

The kid's dad was with him. I didn't get a chance to ask Dad what he thought of the costume, but he seemed okay with it.

I thought it was pretty funny. But I'm still scratching my head over the notion that some store in my area is selling kissing booth Halloween costumes.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:24 PM

    I was performing with a rock band in Mission Beach on Saturday night for a Halloween party in a bar. I saw a kissing booth costume on an apparantly college-age kid. He didn't seem to be having any better luck than your 12 year old visitor. I saw an awful lot of men and women dressed as nuns, though. Strange fads these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No luck with a kissing booth costume in Mission Beach? The poor guy must have issues.

    ReplyDelete