Sunday, December 18, 2005

Anything He Does is Legal

Hope you're enjoying the show over the weekend. I've been working on a piece for ePluribus about war powers that happened to collide with real news, so I've been busy.

In his "live radio address on television," Mister Bush hit the three big justifications for the NSA spying that I expected to hear:

-- I'm the commander in chief.

-- I've got the Patriot Act.

-- I've got the AUMF.

So anything I do is legal.

Expect to hear a lot more of this in days to come.

2 comments:

  1. Given that this whole thing is so flagrantly a violation of the law,and that Bush has not only fessed up to it but says he'll continue doing the same, why is no one talking impeachment?

    Or perhaps I don't get out much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug,

    It looks to me like nobody gets out much.

    ReplyDelete