Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dead Skunks, Open Sores, and Ann Coulter

I normally avoid any discussion of Ann Coulter for fear of inadvertently granting any legitimacy to her "contributions" to the national debate.

But her latest attack on the 9/11 widows defies ignoring.

I've said before that Ann Coulter is a perfect example of how far a gal can travel on an Ivy League education, a fourth grade sense of humor, and a broomstick. This darling of the rabid right is so self-absorbed she could suck the sunlight out of summertime.

For her to berate the widows of 9/11 victims of having a political agenda and call attention to themselves is such a jaw stretching pot and kettle act its difficult to imagine how even she could have so little sense of shame.

But then again, she's a hardcore supporter of the Bush administration, and makes a good buck being one.

So she probably figures being shameless is just the price of doing business.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Actually, she graduated from Cornell and received her J.D. from the Univ. of Michigan. Raised in New Canaan, CT which explains her lockjaw problem. Her daddy busted unions for a living.

    I got a chuckle from Kathy Griffin's comment on The Today Show: http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/06.html#a8607

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:57 PM

    As a Harvard graduate, I'm relieved to hear that she went to Cornell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooo thanks for the catch on Harvard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Hey, I don't mind if you bash Harvard. Definitely second-rate in my book. ;) For some reason I thought she went to Yale so I had to check it. Kind of surprised she went to Cornell, I would've figured maybe Princeton, but there you have it.

    I had a funny exchange with a NASCAR-watchin', holy roller rockin', Rush listenin' Hoosier. For some reason, she developed a fear of me. Probably the whole liberal thing, who knows. Anyway, when I tried to make nice, I jested: "Just don't hit me with a baseball bat." (One of Coulter's lines: "The best way to talk to a liberal? With a baseball bat.")

    Well, this Hoosier honey went ballistic. Thought *I* was coming after HER with a baseball bat and immediately changed her email address, banned me from her site, yada yada. When I explained the reference to Coulter, she claimed not to know the quote.

    What got me was how paranoid she became when I repeated the conservative schtick to her. And liberals are just supposed to take this sh*t without complaint?

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  5. that woman makes me sick. Really. i feel ill whenever i read, see or hear anthing she has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:17 AM

    Kristied,
    I know exactly what you mean. I also have a physical response to this woman. She and Fox news cause me to become sick just from watching or hearing it. I am glad I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I normally avoid any and all contact with her, but she's becoming "real" news.

    You can't even run away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to all above. What a disgusting human being. I wonder why any major network (other than Fox) would even consider putting her on the air (other than for the buzz). The way she talked over Lauer in the interview was arrogant - talk louder and don't stop talking to ensure your point is made over the other person's points. Abhorrent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann Coulter was born Arthur Coltrane. He had sexual reassignment surgery in the late 80's in Europe. Hence the lack of a birth certificate bearing the name Ann Coulter.

    ReplyDelete